Thursday, June 27, 2013

If you came over...

We would probably sit together in my sun-drenched living room curled up on the couches. I would apologize for the dog hair and lack of air conditioning in this humid, humid heat. I would offer you cold blueberry green tea in a mason jar. I would tell you that I'm dying to lighten up this room with a fresh coat of paint and that I can't wait to repaint all the trim in a bright white. I'm just waiting for someone to offer their painting skills. I would show you my new dining room table that was made by my boyfriend from the wood of a lane in an old bowling alley. It once served as the center island in my parents' home. I would share my dreams of having an amazing garden filled with flowers, and another full of fresh herbs and vegetables. Do you have a trick for weed removal sans chemicals? I would share my fear of never measuring up to my mother's green thumb. What would you tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment